1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups brown rice flour
2/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream(I used the Tofutti brand)
- Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture with sour cream; mix until smooth. Cover bowl and chill bowl at least 1 hour.
- On rice floured surface, roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Frost with GFCF butter cream frosting; color frosting if desired.