Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trout UnParmesan

Yum
I love fish, and I especially love really fresh fish.  I also live in Utah, so really fresh fish here is usually trout for me.  Usually when I have trout in the house, it's lightly floured and pan fried.  On Sunday I was planning on making Chicken Unparmesan for dinner and had the thought that the trout would taste really good with this breading, so we tried it and it was delicious!  The picture below doesn't have the marinara sauce on, but we did eat it topped with marinara sauce (I just snapped a picture quickly as they came out of the pan).  My little one prefers to dip his in the marinara sauce, hence why they was none on top. :)


Trout Unparmesan
3/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
3/4 cup almond meal
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspooon Italian seasoning
1 egg
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
Olive Oil 
4-6 trout fillets
GF marinara sauce

Directions
In a bowl combine breadcrumbs, almond meal, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.  In a separate bowl combine the egg and milk. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat.  Dip trout in the egg wash, then in the crumbs. Cook in olive oil until both sides are golden brown.  Top with marinara sauce and enjoy.

This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Gluten Free WednesdaysAllergy Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Friday, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, Allergy Friendly Friday, and Whole Food Fridays.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good. Lucky you to be able to get fresh trout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I am passing this recipe to my Mother in Law! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete