Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bacon Wrapped BBQ Potatoes

Yum
Sorry for my lack of posting.  I have been thinking a lot about the blog, just haven't had time to do much with it.  I'm a full time mom, I also work full-time outside the home, coach my son's Odyssey of the Mind team, babysit my nephew twice a week, serve as the primary president in my ward (I'm a Mormon, you can learn more about us here, the primary is the organization over all of the children ages 1 1/2 to 12) and teach wellness classes (understanding and using essential oils has changed my life as much as changing my diet has, if you want to learn more comment below and I'll contact you).  My plate is a little bit full, but I do feel bad for neglecting the blog.  I won't be consistent at all going forward with my posting, but when I have a really good recipe to share, I'll try to get it posted.

Thanks for sticking around even though not much has been happening, I promise this recipe was worth the wait.  So, if you are looking for a different way to serve potatoes, or need to bring a side dish to a potluck and want to wow everyone...this is the dish.  It's incredibly easy to make and it's delicious!

I basically just kicked this recipe up a notch by bacon wrapping it.


Bacon Wrapped BBQ Potatoes
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 1/2 pounds red or white potatoes cut in quarters (or halves or eighths depending on your potatoes)
1 tablespoon oil of choice
10-12 slices bacon, cut in half (you may need more or less, depending on how you cut up your potatoes)

Directions

Preheat your oven to 425°F. In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and sugar until even mixed.  Set aside.

In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, toss the potatoes with the oil until evenly coated, add in the seasoning mix and toss to coat.  Wrap a bacon half around each piece of potato and secure with a toothpick.

Arrange potatoes on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 425°F for 30-40 minutes, turning halfway through, or until potatoes are tender and bacon is crispy.

This post was shared on GF & DIY Tuesdays, Gluten Free Wednesdays,  Allergy Free Wednesdays, and Gluten Free Fridays.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I can't wait to see what you share this week! Its LIVE!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete