Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yum
Hey everyone, I am still here.  I have recipes to post, just not time enough to do it as often as I'd like.  But, I thought I would at least post what we made my husband for Father's Day, classic chocolate chip cookies.  Enjoy!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup dairy-free margarine, softened (or palm oil shortening, butter, etc.)
2 cups brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 3/4 cup GF flour blend
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks
1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 375F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.  In a mixing bowl, cream together margarine and brown sugar.  Add in vanilla and eggs.  In a separate bowl combine the flour blend, salt, and baking powder.  Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then add in the chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared sheets and bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the cookies are set.  Allow the cookies to sit a few minutes on the warm cookie sheet before removing and cooling completely on cooling racks.

This post was shared on Gluten-Free & DIY Tuesday, Gluten-Free Wednesday, Allergy Free WednesdayWaste Not Want Not Wednesday, and Gluten Free Fridays.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, those look yummy. We're on staycation this week, so I may just have a chance to whip these up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to find a GOOD chocolate chip recipe that doesn't use tapioca flour or starch. I can't believe there are so few out there. People don't realize that tapioca flour and starch affect A LOT of GFers. Some day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And xantham gum too

      Delete
    2. I have found that using a wheat flour choc chip recipe and substituting the flour for equal amounts of brown rice flour and buckwheat flour (so if it calls for 1 1/2c flour use 3/4c rice four and 3/4c buckwheat flour) works well.

      Delete
  3. These are AMAZING! I have tried SO many different chic chip cookie recipes and these are by FAR my favorite. I love how they even stay chewy in the cookie jar for a couple of days. Every other recipe I've tried goes crumbly by the next day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these using earth balance dairy free vegan buttery sticks and they did not turn out flat like the photo. They're thicker and have a nice chewy texture and very yummy!

    ReplyDelete