Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

Yum
First of all, remember to go check out the Harvest Your Health Bundle sale here:



Now on to today's recipe...And yes, I'm definitely on the pumpkin bandwagon.  I love this time of year, and I really love pumpkin.  When I was working on the pumpkin hand pie recipe I had some left over filling.  I didn't really want more pie (I know that sounds crazy), so I thought to make ice cream out of it.  So, really it's just the pie filling plus coconut milk, a little more spices and some honey. :)


Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or more to taste, plus some to sprinkle on top
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can coconut milk (I used Trader Joe's light coconut milk, because that's what I had in the cupboard)

Directions
Mix together all the ingredients and chill in the freeze for a few hours before freezing with an ice cream maker, as per the manufacturer's directions.

1 comment: