Sunday, July 24, 2011

Easy Dinner Rolls

Yum
Okay, I love my regular recipe for bread/rolls, but it has too many things to measure out (yes, I'm lazy), so I set out to make a simplified bread recipe.  So far, I've only made it as dinner rolls, but I'll update you when I make bread, hamburger buns, etc.


Easy Dinner Rolls
1 1/4 cups warm water
1 tablespoon instant yeast
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups gluten free flour blend
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar

Dissolve yeast in the warm water, add in the oil and let sit for 3-5 minutes.  In a mixing bowl mix together dry ingredients.  While mixer is running, add in the yeast mixture.  Once it is mixed together, turn mixer up on high and beat for 3 minutes.  Scoop batter into greased muffin tins and allow to rise for 30 minutes.  Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes.  During the last few minutes of cooking, top with dairy-free margarine to help with browning.

This post is featured on Allergy Friendly Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome !!!! and better yet.....EASY !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried these and they did not work. Maybe cause I used active dry yeast and not instant because that is what I had. I would like to try again but reluctant to. Any suggestions. Thanks

    ReplyDelete