Thursday, March 8, 2012

Do-Si-Dos

Yum
It's Girl Scout cookie time.  My niece is a girl scout, so I support her and get a few boxes of cookies for my hubby.  My boys are good sports about it, probably because I make huge batches of cookies for them. :) I made Tagalongs this past weekend...yeah, they didn't even make it a week before they were devoured.

 My boys then noticed their dad eating some do-si-dos and asked what type of cookies they were and if I could make some.  To which I replied, of course I can...and I did.  They turned out amazingly well and are really easy to make.  This does make a lot, so keep that in mind.  I froze half of mine, so we can enjoy them later.

Do-si-dos
1 cup dairy-free margarine
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups GF flour blend
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking gluten free oats

filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup dairy-free margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F. With a stand mixer, combine margarine, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.  In a separate bowl, combine the flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture.  Stir in the oats.

Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes (8 for smaller cookies, 10 minutes for larger cookies).  Let cool on tray for 5 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a cooling rack.

While cookies cool, make the filling by combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, margarine and vanilla together until smooth.  Spread on the bottom of one half and sandwich together with another cookie.

Makes about 4 dozen sandwich cookies.

This post is featured on Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Allergy Friendly Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Paula, just wanted to let you know that I have tagged you in an award ☺
    http://allergiesandceliac.blogspot.com/2012/03/tagging-who-with-liebster-blog-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete