Monday, September 3, 2012

Peruvian Roast Chicken with Red Potatoes

Yum
One of my favorite bloggers, Carrie Forbes of Ginger Lemon Girl is releasing her first cookbook: The Everything Gluten-Free Slowcooker Cookbook. I already have mine on pre-order.  I'm all for recipes that I can throw in a crockpot first thing in the morning, so I can have dinner ready when I get home.  And I really love Carrie's recipes, she was one of the very first bloggers that I followed when I changed my diet.


I got the chance to try one of her recipes from her upcoming cookbook and it was pretty darn good.  I made her Peruvian Roast Chicken and Red Potatoes yesterday for dinner.  It had just the right balance of spices and definitely changed up my regular roast chicken enough for me to really enjoy it again.  The chicken is served with a simple mustard-lime sauce and can I just say that the leftover chicken with that sauce makes for a fantastic sandwich the next day! Really, it was quite fantastic.


 

Go check out her blog and her new cookbook! Congrats, Carrie on your first cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment