Tuesday, July 16, 2013

No-Bake Cookies

Yum
We had our air conditioning go out on my Birthday, and it didn't get fixed until the 10th of July.  This happened to coincide exactly with a lovely heat wave.  We were really close to 100F everyday.  There was no way I was turning on my oven during that time, it was already hot enough. So, I made these little guys to keep us happy (by the way, if your house is on the very warm side, it will take a while for these to set up, so you might want to help it along by sticking them in the fridge or freezer). :)


No-Bake Cookies
2 cups coconut sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cup quick cooking gf oats (if you just have rolled oats, pulse them a few times in a blender)

Directions
Combine the coconut sugar, cocoa, milk and coconut oil in a saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.  Boil for 30 second, then take off heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the oats and drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment or waxed paper.

This post is featured on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Allergy Free WednesdaysGluten Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Fridays, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, and Whole Food Fridays.


2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I will have to try them this weekend, thanks! Glad I saw this on Allergy Free Wednesdays. I look forward to following your blog, as I personally am also gluten, dairy, and soy free. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM, easy and they sound so yummy! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Hope your week is great!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete