Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pumpkin Pancakes

Yum
I have quite a few recipes that I need to put up here on the blog...I just haven't had a chance to do it.  But, I have finally added my pumpkin pancakes.  This recipe is just a modification of my Honey Oat Pancakes, which is a staple in our house.



I topped mine with whipped coconut cream...incredibly easy to do and absolutely delicious with these pancakes.  Simply chill full fat coconut milk.  Then scoop the solid cream off the top and whip it with sugar (amount depends on how sweet you want it) until soft peaks form.


Pumpkin Pancakes
3/4 cup dairy-free milk or water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 tablespoon oil of choice (I use melted coconut oil)
1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2  teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
In a small bowl mix together milk and lemon juice and allow it to sit for a few minutes.  Add in pumpkin puree, egg, and oil.

In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients.  Whisk together to remove any lumps. 

Pour about 1/4 cup scoops of the batter onto a heated griddle.  (I have an electric griddle that I heat to 325-350F).  Once the bubbles form and start popping on the top of the pancake, flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Makes 8-10 pancakes depending on their size.

This post was shared on Allergy Free WednesdayGluten Free Wednesday, and Gluten Free Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays Party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I can't wait to see what you share next time!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get enough of all the things pumpkin right now. And pancakes...well, one can never go wrong with pancakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I've been making banana pancakes with only bananas oats and egg. So would this work with pumpkin instead of banana? I know this is an old thread so I'm hoping someone sees this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete