Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Honey Oat Pancakes

Yum
First of all, if you read my blog and enjoy it, would you take a minute and go and vote for it?  Thanks!


My family loves pancakes, really who doesn't?  We eat them weekly, I would say, and lately I've been trying to make them a bit healthier.  I've been replacing my gluten-free flour blend with different mixtures of whole grain flours...and I'll post some of those recipes later.  But by far the biggest hit has been this one.  This one is pure comfort food, mainly because oats are such a familar taste.  When my husband tried these, he asked if they were wheat pancakes...of course, I gave him the look of 'are you insane, why would their be wheat in our house!?!' and then told them they were oat pancakes...I think he just knew it was a normal tasting flour.

I actually really love these with fresh raspberries mixed in...the raspberries are so juicy when you cook them, you don't need any syrup or toppings at all. So, these pancakes are great plain or with whatever mixins you can come up with.

This post is featured on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Allergy Free Wednesdays.

Honey Oat Pancakes
3/4 cup non-dairy yogurt (I use my homemade yogurt)*
1/4 cup non-dairy milk*
1 egg
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups GF oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened.

Directions
In a small bowl mix together yogurt, milk, egg and honey.

In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients.  Whisk together to remove any lumps. Mix in the coconut oil until smooth.

Pour about 1/4 cup scoops of the batter onto a heated griddle.  (I have an electric griddle that I heat to 325-350F).  Once the bubbles form and start popping on the top of the pancake, flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Makes 8-10 pancakes depending on their size.

*You could also use 1 cup non-dairy milk that has been soured with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, in place of the yogurt/milk above.

No comments:

Post a Comment