Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Avocado Ranch

Yum
I have been trying to eat a little healthier, and in doing so, I've been trying to eliminate foods with no nutritional values.  Mayonnaise and salad dressings tend to fall in that category, and well, sometimes they really are nice to have.  So, a few weeks ago, I had some avocados that really needed to be used up and I decided to try subbing them for the mayonnaise in my Ranch dressing recipe. It worked and my little one really loved it, too...so yes, this was a huge success!



Avocado Ranch
1 cup nondairy milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup mashed avocado
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/4 teaspoon dried dill 
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Directions
Measure out the milk and add the lemon juice into the measuring cup. Mix together, and let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.  Add in the milk mixture and whisk together, making sure all lumps are removed. (Or mix everything together in a blender). Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors blend.  This stays good for a couple days in the fridge.

This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Allergy Free WednesdayGluten Free Wednesday, Whole Foods Friday, and Gluten Free Fridays.

2 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to eliminate some of those same things. I look at the ingredients and think, really? Is this necessary for my body? Probably not Mayo is one of them. I can't wait to try this! :)
    Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Thanks for linking back to the Gluten Free Fridays post!


    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete