Thursday, August 25, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower and updated Saag

Yum
I am so behind on posting, I don't know if I'll ever catch up...but, I'll try.  I made this a while back and it was so amazingly delicious...even the next day, when I mixed it in with my saag. I did have a picture of the cauliflower, but accidentally deleted it...but here it is with my amazing saag (instead of potatoes, I had garbanzo beans and cauliflower), and well, I've modified my saag somewhat...same recipe, but changed when I puree the sauce, and it makes a huge difference! So below is the recipe again, but with the new instructions.



Roasted Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
seasoning salt, to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.  Place cauliflower, oil, and seasoning salt in a gallon-sized ziploc bag and shake to thoroughly coat each piece.  Spread on the cookie sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes.


Saag 1 10oz package frozen spinach
2 cups cubed potatoes, cooked and drained, or roasted cauliflower, garbanzo beans, chicken...basically anything you want to add.
3 tablespoons canola oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, finely diced
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons So Delicious coconut milk or other non-dairy milk

Directions
Cook spinach according to package directions and set aside.  Heat oil over medium heat; add garlic and onion.  Cook until soft.  Stir in turmeric and cook for a couple more minutes.  Add in the spinach and stir well.  Add salt, garam masala, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and milk. Heat on low for a few minutes, then place the mixture into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, stir in the vegetables or chicken and serve over rice.

1 comment: