Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekly Menu (8/21/11-8/27/11)

Yum
Weekly Menu (8/21/11-8/27/11)
This week is going to be crazy hectic...my little one is seeing a nutritionist at Primary Children's on Monday, my older son is having to have impacted ear wax surgically removed on Tuesday (not excited about that, but at least he won't be deaf in one ear anymore--hopefully), school starts for my older son on Wednesday, I'm also helping a friend make the diet change for her son on Wednesday, Saturday I'm runnning the TOU 1/2 marathon (I already have butterflies in my stomach)....and I didn't even cover half of what we are doing, needless to say my menu may reflect some of this.
Also, since my older son is starting back up in school--and is now in first grade--I'll be changing the format of our weekly menu to reflect what he gets for all three meals.  Hopefully it will help other moms who are in the same boat as us.  Just to note, my older son is not dairy intolerant, so he will have dairy options in his lunch.
Sunday:

Breakfast: Choice of Cereal with Milk (or non-dairy milk)


Lunch:
  • Choice of Sandwiches (my family typically chooses ham or PB&J)
  • Lays Potato Chips
  • Grapes
Dinner:
  • Slow cooker Rotisserie Chicken
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Corn on the Cob and Steam Broccoli
  • Strawberries and Peaches
Monday:
Breakfast: Udi's Plain Bagels with Jam and Milk (or non-dairy milk)

Lunch:
  • My boys will be eating at the sitter's before we head off to Salt Lake to see the nutritionist, but I'll be eating leftovers and fruit.
Dinner: (we'll hopefully make it back in time to make it to our friend's birthday party/bbq)
Tuesday:

Breakfast: My older one won't be able to eat breakfast, I'll probably have a quick smoothie before he gets up. My younger one will eat at the sitter's (like he usually does, and will probably also eat a chocolate muffin at home, because he loves those things).

Lunch:
  • I'm going to make my older one's favorite: grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich
  • Lays Potato Chips
  • Probably the rest of the banana on the side, or grapes
Dinner:
Wednesday:

Breakfast: First day of school!
  • Bagels and a smoothie

Lunch:
  • School Lunch:
    • Peanut Butter and Honey on Udi's Bread
    • Lays Potato Chips
    • Chocolate Pudding
    • Milk
    • Strawberries 
  • Lunch for me: leftovers, of course!
Dinner:
  • Tamales
  • Nachos and Salsa
  • Cantaloupe
Thursday:

Breakfast:

Lunch:
  • School Lunch:
    • Ham and Swiss on Udi's Bread
    • Doritos
    • Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
    • Milk
    • Banana
  • Lunch for me:
    • leftovers or a sandwich
Dinner:
  • Breakfast for dinner
    • Pancakes
    • Hashbrowns
    • Eggs
    • Banana Smoothies 
Friday:

Breakfast:
  • Choice of Cereal and milk
Lunch:
  • School Lunch:
    • Tortilla Chips and Salsa
    • Cheese Slices
    • Juice
    • Banana
    • Pudding Cup
  • Lunch for me:
    • leftovers or a sandwich
Dinner:
  • Spaghetti
  • Breadsticks
  • Salad
  • Pear Slices
Saturday

Breakfast:
  • I will be off to my race by 5:00 or so, so my hubby is in charge of feeding the kids...so, it'll be cereal. :)  I'll hopefully manage to stomach some toast before I go.
Lunch:
  • I know I'll be exhausted after the race, so it'll be sandwiches, nachos, or something equally as easy that hopefully my husband will do and not me. :)
Dinner:
  • I have a summer work party and a church dinner we can choose from for dinner...I haven't checked on the ingredients yet, and I'm not sure how social I'll be feeling so, I'm thinking we'll have Juniper Take Out...I figure, if we've survived to this point, we deserve a treat! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paula, I have a question about school lunch. Do you just send a home lunch every day or does your school work with you? I have just been sending a home lunch, mostly because the only things Andrew would pick from the available choices at school are things I can easily make at home (PB&J). My school district has specific menus outlined for certain allergies, but they are just so limited and have almost no variety at all. Just wondering what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, We are sending him with a lunch everyday. That way I have control over the food that goes into it and he gets to have more choices about what to eat.

    ReplyDelete