Saturday, August 27, 2011

What a difference a year makes

Yum
Okay, I very rarely post personal things...but today was a big day.  One year ago, I thought I was dying, the years of being sick off and on again had hit a critical level, and I was wasting away.  The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me, and I didn't think I was going to make it.  Following a suggestion from my Mom, I got tested for Celiac disease, and cut out gluten...even though the test came back negative, the change in my health was undeniable.  I knew I was gluten intolerant, whether doctors believed me or not.  Soon after that I discovered my dairy intolerance.  This past year I've regained my strength and have been able to achieve things that were impossible before, like today...I ran my first 1/2 marathon with a time of 1:55:49.  I am a new person and I am so grateful that I listened to my body, instead of doctors, because I'm healthier than I have ever been in my life.


 (I didn't have a great picture from today, so here's one from my 15K that I did on Independence Day)


No comments:

Post a Comment