Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Oats

Yum
I love my overnight oats, I have them as often as I remember to make them the night before. ;) And usually I chop up fruit and add in a little honey or agave and that's it.  But this holiday season has gotten me changing up my oats a bit, and I'm quite enjoying the change.  So, I thought I'd pass my favorites along to you.
 

Gingerbread Nog Oats
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup dairy-free Egg Nog (I like Silk Nog and So Delicious Coconut Nog, the coconut nog is soy-free)
1 gingerbread cookie

Directions
The night before, mix together oats, flax seed, chia seed, and nog in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, crumble the cookie over the top and enjoy!




'Hot' Cocoa Oats
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix (this is my dairy-free mix)
1 cup dairy-free milk
a handful of small marshmallows

Directions
The night before, mix together oats, flax seed, chia seed, hot cocoa mix and milk in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, top with marshmallows and enjoy! You can always heat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, if you want it hot. I just like mine cold, it's more of a texture thing then a heat thing. :)






PB&J or 'Nutella' and Jam Oats
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 cup dairy-free milk
1-2 tablespoons peanut butter or dairy-free Nutella (I use Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter)
drizzle of jam of choice

Directions
The night before, mix together oats, flax seed, chia seed, and milk in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next morning, top with the nut butter and jam and enjoy!

This post is featured on Allergy Friendly Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment