Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf

Yum
Okay, I know I already have a meatloaf recipe, but I have always had to standby meatloaf recipes...depending on if I have rolled oats or breadcrumbs handy.  The other recipe is oat based, so this one is obviously my breadcrumb based meatloaf. :)  My older son is finally eating the crusts on his Udi bread, it took until this week, and at $6/loaf, I wasn't going to waste any bit of the bread.  So, when I cut off his crusts, they went straight into the freezer to then be made into breadcrumbs. Quite handy, actually. :)

Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf

1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 egg
1/4 cup So Delicious Regular Coconut milk
1 C fresh bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 slices bacon

Combine all ingredients, except bacon, and mix well.  Shape into loaf.  Cover with bacon and cook at 350F for 50-60 minutes.  You can also use this recipe for meatballs (minus the bacon, unless you want bacon-wrapped meatballs, I guess).  Shape into balls and cook at 400F for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment