Tuesday, January 4, 2011

King Arthur Gluten Free Brownie Mix

Yum
I love brownies, rich, fudgy, chewy brownies. And guess what, I ate nearly an entire pan (I did share, so I guess about half a pan) of rich, fudgy, chewy brownies.  They were so good, and my mother-in-law was in shock that they were gluten-free.  The best part (at least for me, because it's less work) is that it came from a mix.  I love King Arthur Chocolate Cake, so it makes sense that they have excellent brownies, too!  I actually got this mix as part of a Christmas gift (thanks, little bro!) and tried it out that same day. :)  My one complaint, is that the recipe said to cook it 30-35 minutes...it took 45 minutes before mine was set in the middle, so just a warning, watch your brownies. :)   I was so worried that the corners would be inedible since it had cooked so long, but they were the best corners I have ever had, they were the perfect chewiness...hence my eating half the pan. :)


Overall rating 10 out of 10 These were really some of the best brownies I've had.  They definitely had the best corners...mmm, I think I need to make another batch....and I need to really start working out if I keep doing this. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog by searching for info on this mix. I made these brownies yesterday, with walnuts, and they are phenomenal! By far the best gluten-free box mix product I’ve tried. I had to double-check that they didn’t contain dairy, because clearly something had to be amiss ... Nope, they’re just perfect.
    Looking forward to utilizing the rest of your reviews in the future!

    ReplyDelete