Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Banana 'Ice Cream'

Yum
Okay, I can not take credit for this recipe at all.  My brother told me about this and I had to try it out, so thank you to my brother for passing this along!  This is a very, very simple recipe...well, not even a recipe really. 

Take a banana, or two, or whatever you have. :)  Slice it into chunks, stick it in a ziploc bag and freeze it.  Once completely frozen, take those chunks and put them in a food processor and mix it until its nice and creamy.  Suddenly, you have a soft serve frozen treat that consists of a banana. :)  It has the same texture as ice cream, I love it!  If you want to change up the banana flavor a little add in cocoa, peanut butter, berry puree, etc. Mine has about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa for 2 medium bananas and a handful of Enjoy life chocolate chips. :)


See doesn't it look just like ice cream?  Heck, this is the cheapest ice cream replacement I've found, and it's actually pretty healthy, too. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you tried the banana Ice Cream. Nothing like Ice Cream, although this is pretty dang good.

    ReplyDelete