Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Accident--Banana Chip Muffins Take 3

Yum
Okay, I am on my third banana chip muffin/bread recipe...but this one really isn't a new recipe, it's just me messing up my favorite recipe, with the results actually being better!  So, I had a ton of bananas that needed to be used up, and I needed to replenish my freezer supply of banana chocolate chip muffins for my boys to have as breakfast, snacks, etc....so, I thought I'd just do a double batch on my usual recipe...well, I forgot halfway through, well really just when I was measuring the flour, baking soda, and salt....and I didn't realize my mistake until later in the day, after we had all enjoyed some of the muffins.  Really, these ones were my best batch yet, so I'm writing down my 'mistake' so I don't forget it. :)  This recipe will easily make 24 muffins.
I got this amazing train cake pan for Christmas (actually for the 12 days of Christmas which was done to us, thank you, our Christmas elves!).  My little ones loved banana chip muffins before...but now they are devouring them...everything is tastier when it has a fun shape, right?

GF/DF/SF Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup+ 2 tablespoons soy-free margarine
2 2/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 medium)
2 egg
4 egg whites
2 1/2 cups gf cookie flour blend

1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.  Grease two large loaf pans or muffin tins (or line with muffin cups); set aside.
2. Beat sugars and margarine in large bowl until light and fluffy.  Add bananas, egg and egg whites.
3. In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan or muffin cups.
4. Bake 1 hour for bread or 20-25 minutes for muffins.  Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment