Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole Grain Gingerbread Pancakes

Yum
I know Christmas is over, but you know what, I still like gingerbread whether it's Christmastime or not.  So, we made gingerbread pancakes the other day, just because.  And they were fantastic!  Honestly I was eating them straight up without anything on them, and they taste just like gingerbread.

But I have to say, they are also fantastic topped with applesauce...I mean really fantastic, so fantastic we ate our way through all the applesauce in the house.  I'm pretty sure applesauce will now be my go to topping for pancakes, I love it!



This post was shared on Gluten Free MondaySlightly Indulgent Tuesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Whole Foods Fridays, Allergy Friendly Fridays, and Gluten Free Fridays.

Gingerbread Pancakes
1 cup dairy-free milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons molasses
1 1/2 cups GF oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened.

Directions
In a small bowl mix together milk and lemon, let stand for 5-10 minutes, then mix in egg, honey and molasses.

In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients.  Whisk together to remove any lumps. Mix in the coconut oil until smooth.

Pour about 1/4 cup scoops of the batter onto a heated griddle.  (I have an electric griddle that I heat to 325-350F).  Once the bubbles form and start popping on the top of the pancake, flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Makes 8-10 pancakes depending on their size.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! I made these this morning and thought they were delightful. I used 1 cup oat flour and 1/2 cup amaranth flour. They were light, fluffy and tender. I didn't have applesauce to serve them with, but used an orange marmalade instead which was a perfect match for the spice. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like this recipe! What a fun new idea (for me)!! :)
    Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    On the Gluten Free Fridays tab we have new badges for you to display on your blog. There are a few different choices for you. There are varying sizes as well. If you've had a featured recipe in the past, feel free to grab one of those badges as well! They are free for the taking; use as you wish! Thanks for supporting our GF community and spreading the word!

    Thanks for linking back to the Gluten Free Fridays post!

    See you at the link up this week!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete