Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Garlic Dill Teff Biscuits

Yum
You know that blog recipe contest I posted about last week? I decided I needed to enter it, too.  So, I got experimenting with grapeseed oil, and what I got was an incredibly easy biscuit recipe.  These biscuits are amazing!


I wanted my teff sandwich bread for sandwiches this weekend, but didn't have the time or energy to make it.  These biscuits were a great substitute  in fact the garlic and dill in those biscuits made for the best sandwich I've had in a long time!


This post was shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Gluten Free WednesdayAllergy Free Wednesday, Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Love, Gluten Free Fridays, and Whole Food Fridays.

Garlic Dill Teff Biscuits
2/3 cup teff flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup non-dairy milk
1/2 cup Pompeian Grapeseed Oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, including the dill and garlic.  Add in the milk and grapeseed oil and hand mix until combined.

Turn dough out on parchment paper.  Smooth the dough out and pat it out until it's to 1" thickness.

Cut biscuits with a sharp biscuit cutter, or with a sharp knife into wedges, and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment