Caramel Chex Mix
1 box (~13 cups) Rice Chex cereal
1 box (~13 cups) Corn Chex cereal
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups Earth Balance soy-free margarine
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Heat oven to 250F. Spray a couple of large cookie sheets and/or roasting pans with cooking spray. Dump cereal into pans.
2. In a large saucepan, stir together brown sugar, margarine, and corn syrup. Cook and stir 8-9 minutes over medium-high heat until mixture starts to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until coating is set.
5. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 10 minutes. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.