Monday, November 29, 2010

The Perfect Dinner Roll

Yum
I liked my original roll recipe okay, but it was not perfect.  When I first made them I thought the problem was that I didn't let them rise enough, they were just kind of heavy, especially when they cooled down.  They still tasted great, and didn't turn into rocks, like some of my other experiments.  So, I figured that they were the closest thing I had to a success...that is until I had my duh moment.  I have a fantastic bread recipe, why am I trying to reinvent the wheel, when I already have something that works...duh!!! So here are the results of my duh moment, and they were delicious, the perfect consistency and not too filling...I ate two after dinner...so yes, they are perfect, or as perfect as I have been able to achieve so far with my baking. :)


Perfect Dinner Rolls

Use my bread recipe, except grease muffin tins instead of a bread loaf pan.  Scoop dough into muffin tins by using a spring release cookie dough scoop (1 1/2"- 2" size).

Cover and allow to rise for 20 minutes.  Then bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.  After 15 minutes, top with soy-free margarine to help with browning.

These would also make great slider buns...maybe we'll have to have those tomorrow. :)


2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for an easy gluten free dinner roll recipe to make for Thanksgiving. I made this one last night. They turned out perfect. I'm done looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked them...they are definitely our favorite rolls!

    ReplyDelete