Friday, November 19, 2010

Rosemary Almond Crackers

Yum
I actually clipped this recipe out of my local paper of all places.  It's my Elana Ameterdam, the author of  "The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook", she has amazing recipes.  You can check out her blog here.  I have had it on my fridge for a couple months now, and finally tried it out and am so happy I did.  It worked perfectly with my soup last night that I took to a church activity. Below is the recipe with my slight modifications based on what I had on hand.

Rosemary Almond Crackers

1 3/4 cups blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville's almond meal/flour)
1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 egg

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and rosemary
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil and egg
  3. Stir wet ingredients into almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined
  4. Roll the dough into a ball and press between 2 sheets of parchment paper to ⅛ inch thickness
  5. Remove top piece of parchment paper
  6. Transfer the bottom piece with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
  7. Cut dough into 2-inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
  8. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden
  9. Let crackers cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes, then serve

No comments:

Post a Comment