Sunday, April 17, 2011

Corn and Green Chile Fritters

Yum
I love my Mom's corn fritters, they are so easy to make...but I never have a key ingredient for her recipe...a can of creamed corn.  For some reason, I never remember to buy cans of it when I'm at the store, so I then never make corn fritters.  Well, today I wanted corn fritters, and I also wanted to use up an open can of green chilies, so I concocted this recipe, and it turned out pretty good.



Corn and Green Chile Fritters
1 cup gf flour blend
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1-1 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 (4.5oz) can diced green chiles

Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Add in egg and water and stir until smooth.  Stir in corn and chilies. Meanwhile, generously coat a skillet with canola oil and heat over medium-high heat.  When oil is hot, spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons worth of batter into the pan to form one fritter, patting it down with the back of the spoon as soon as it is in the pan. Don't overcrowd the pan, I only cooked about 3-4 fritters at a time. Let cook about 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping the fritters when they are nicely browned on one side. When browned on the other side, remove the fritters to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess fat.

This recipe is featured on Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's Slightly Indulgent Tuesday for 4/19/11.  Go check it out and see what other great recipes are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment