Saturday, April 30, 2011

Weekly Menu (5/1/11-5/7/11)

Yum
Okay, so I'm trying something new. I'm going to post what I'm planning on making for the coming week.  It's mostly to keep me organized, but to also hopefully help you get ideas on what to make for dinner.  I'm really lucky, my boys are very well taken care of at the day care that we go to, she provides breakfast, lunch, and snacks that work for their diets.  My older son does eat breakfast at home before heading off to kindergarten, but he's the only one I have to worry about, besides me, in the morning.  My little one will usually eat something, too, but sometimes he wants to wait until he gets to day care.  So, I'm explaining this, so you'll understand why I mostly just focus on dinners, and not on breakfasts and lunches. Next year, when my older one is in first grade, I will definitely focus a lot more on the lunches.

Weekly Menu (5/1/11-5/7/11)
Breakfasts: Daily choices are typically between:

Lunches: Since, it's just me I have to worry about, it's typically leftovers, with fresh fruit and veggies from my bountiful basket.

Dinners:
Sunday:
  • Grilled Porkchops seasoned with Famous Dave's Rib Rub (this one is actually safe)
  •  Roasted Red Potatoes (I toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic and cook them for 20-30 minutes at 450F)
  • Corn on the Cob (I got it in my bountiful basket this week!)
  • Fresh Fruit (Strawberries, Watermelon, and Honeydew, most likely)
Monday:
  • Pork Tamales (We buy them off of the 'Tamale Man' who sells them door to door in our neighborhood, I know, it may not be safe....but they are the best tamales we have ever had, and we've never gotten sick, so I'm sticking with them)
  • Nachos (we use Daiya Cheddar Shreds for my little one)
  • Fresh Fruit (Strawberries for sure, but probably watermelon, and the honeydew if its left)
Tuesday:
Wednesday
Thursday
  • Breakfast for dinner! Either Pancakes using GF Bisquick or One-Eyed Sandwiches
  • Breakfast Sausage
  • Bananas
Friday
  • Pizza with my favorite pizza sauce and most likely pepperoni for everyone except my little one, and he'll have his Daiya cheese. :)
  • Green Salad
  • Apple Slices
Saturday
  • Either Potato Chip Chicken or Chicken Nuggets
  • Baked Potatoes (I actually cook mine covered in foil and placed in a crockpot on low 8-10 hours, perfect every time). :)
  • Broccoli
  • Apple Slices or whatever fruit we happen to get that day from Bountiful Baskets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment