Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A to Z Muffins

Yum
I love zucchini bread (and muffins), but if I say the word zucchini my boys are automatically turned off to the idea of eating it. I still don't think they've knowingly eaten zucchini, I still try all the time, though.  Anyway, I wanted to make myself some zucchini muffins and decided to try subbing some fruits in place of the oil and it worked wonderfully.  I'm calling these A to Z muffins, in hopes that my boys will eat them, because I know if I called them Apple-Avocado-Zucchini Muffins they would end up in the trash. ;)  The applesauce and avocado worked great as an oil substitute, I even decreased the amount of sugar by half because of the natural sweetness the applesauce has. Yay, for healthy AND tasty muffins!


A to Z Muffins
1 1/2 cups GF flour blend
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup mashed avocado (make it as smooth as possible)
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Line muffin tins with paper liners.

In a medium bowl combine the flour blend, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

In a separate bowl combine eggs, sugar, zucchini, avocado, and applesauce. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.

Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full and cook at 350F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment