Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekly Menu (6/24/12-6/30/12)

Yum
This week in our Bountiful Basket (which we share with my awesome brother and his wife) we got the regular basket plus 12 clam shells of blueberries and a Mexican pack add-on:   
  • bananas
  • nectarines
  • cherries
  • mangoes
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • potatoes
  • blueberries

In the Mexican pack we got:
  • avocados
  • Anaheim peppers
  • jalapenos
  • grey squash
  • green onions
  • limes
I also have some water chestnuts, carrots, watermelon, cantalope, canary melon, grapes, lettuce, plums, baby kale, and broccoli sprouts to supplement the basket. And I'm picking about 1-2 cups of strawberries a day from our strawberry patch, so we will have plenty of those again this week.


This week for breakfast: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids, and baked oatmeal, smoothies (blueberries, bananas, nectarines, mangoes, strawberries, and the baby kale are going to be used), or fresh fruit for me.


This week for lunches: The boys are taken care of at their sitters'. I'll be eating leftovers, and of course, I bring fruit with my everyday.
This week for dinner:


Sunday:
  • barbecue chicken
  • baked potatoes 
  • steamed corn 
  • Fruit Salad
  • Cherry Crisp (later that evening when we aren't so stuffed)

Monday
Tuesday:
  • Pork Tamales
  • Nachos 
  • Fruit Salad
  • Carrots and Hummus 
Wednesday:
  • Sandwiches (mine will be with my homemade multigrain seeded bread, topped with hummus and tons of veggies.)
  • Fruit Salad
  • Carrots and Hummus
Thursday:
  • One-eyed Sandwiches 
  • Fruit
  • Hashbrowns  

Friday:   (It's my birthday!)
  • We are going to go out as a family to El Toro Veijo, because I realized my boys haven't gone out for Mexican food before...and they love it, so they should!
  • birthday cake (of course)
Saturday: My awesome brother (the one that shares the bountiful basket with me) invited us over for dinner. :)
  • My bro's amazing ribs
  • Bacon wrapped potato wedges or potato salad...depending on how hot I am that day
  • Fruit Salad
  • Dessert...I haven't decided what to bring yet, it may depend on what fruit we have that day from the basket.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment