Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weekly Menu (7/1/12-7/7/12)

Yum
This week in our Bountiful Basket (which we share with my awesome brother and his wife) we got:
  • cantaloupe 
  • grapes 
  • cherries
  • cherry tomatoes 
  • green bell peppers 
  • onions
  • romaine lettuce 
  • butternut squash 

I also have some watermelon, canary melon, bananas, corn on the cob, potatoes, carrots, grey squash, baby kale, and broccoli sprouts to supplement the basket. Also, I've frozen down some blueberries and watermelon puree for easy addition to smoothies and water kefir.  I'm still picking about 1-2 cups of strawberries every other day from our strawberry patch, and I just ate the first of our raspberries today, so we'll start getting those this week, as well.

Also, one of the sitters at our daycare gave me a start of water kefir grains....I'm so excited!  I've been enjoying water kefir for a few days now and love it!


This week for breakfast: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids, and baked oatmeal, smoothies (blueberries, bananas, baby kale, cherries), water kefir with watermelon puree ice cubes (my favorite), or fresh fruit for me.


This week for lunches: The boys are taken care of at their sitters'. I'll be eating leftovers, and of course, I bring fruit with my everyday. For the days I don't have leftovers, I'm planning on having my black bean and corn quinoa stuffed in bell peppers.

This week for dinner:
Sunday:
  • Teriyaki chicken and tuna (I eat the fish, the rest of the family prefers chicken) 
  • sauteed bell peppers, grey squash, and onions
  • basmati rice 
  • corn on the cob 
  • Fruit Salad


Monday
Tuesday:
  • Tacos 
  • Fruit Salad
  • Green Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli sprouts, and whatever else I throw in there) 

Wednesday: Happy Independence Day!
  • Hamburgers on Udi's Buns
  • Potato Salad of some sort (haven't decided what yet)
  • Fruit Salad
  • Veggies and Hummus
Thursday:
  • Waffles with Fresh Honey/Cherry Syrup I got at the Farmer's Market today (yay!)
  • Bacon
  • Fruit
  • Hashbrowns

Friday:
  • Pizza (I'll be putting whatever veggies we have left on mine...the rest of the family prefers pepperoni) 
  • Fruit Salad
  • Green Salad

Saturday:
  • Navajo Tacos
  • We top ours with refried beans, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese (daiya for us dairy-free folk), etc. 
  • Fruit Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment