Saturday, October 27, 2012

Weekly Menu (10/28/12-11/3/12)

Yum
Sorry, this is late.  Today has been quite busy.

This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket we got:
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • butter lettuce (my favorite for wraps!)
  • cucumbers
  • tomatoes
  • spaghetti squash
  • yellow squash
  • onions
  • pomegranates
  • pears
  • blackberries
  • bananas

I also have 1/2 pineapple, acorn squash, 1/2 a butternut squash, celery, beets, potatoes (I just got farm fresh Idaho potatoes...50 lbs for $10...I love living so close to the farmers!), and carrots to supplement the basket.

This week for breakfast:
For the Kids:
For me: (I get up 2-3 hours before anyone in my house, hence why I have a separate breakfast)

This week for school lunches:
  • PB&J on Udi's bread or Schar crispbread with pepperoni and cheese
  • My son has just discovered a love for pomegranates...so I'll be putting pomegranate seeds in his lunch daily. :)
  • chips or crackers
  • milk

This week for dinner:


Sunday:
  • Teriyaki Chicken (we use Coconut Aminos)
  • Basmati Rice or Quinoa (haven't decided)
  • Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
  • green salad, carrot and cucumber sticks
  • pineapple and blackberries 
 
 
 

Monday:
  • Clam Chowder 
  • Grilled Ham Sandwiches (or lettuce wraps for me with ham, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc)
  • sliced pears

Tuesday
  • tacos (leftovers for me or taco lettuce wraps)
  • green salad and carrot sticks
  • pomegranate seeds 

Wednesday: Happy Halloween! 

Thursday:
  • one-eyed sandwiches
  • sausage
  • hashbrowns 
  • bananas
Friday:
  • Spaghetti
  • Spaghetti Squash and maybe gf pasta, too
  • Green Salad and carrot sticks
  • sliced pears
Saturday:  We're going out to lunch with my Mother-in-law, so I doubt we'll be too hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment