Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Focaccia Bread

Yum
Okay, for those of you that live by me, you know what I'm talking about if I mention Firehouse Pizzeria's focaccia bread.  For those of you that don't live around here, this pizzeria makes this scrumptious focaccia that is sliced in half and stuffed with cheese, then cut lengthwise into 'breadsticks'...I miss those.  So, I thought I'd make my own version.



Cheese Stuffed Focaccia Bread

Enough pizza dough to make 2 X 8" pizza crusts (I use Silvana Nardone's from her book, Cooking for Isaiah)
Mozzerella Cheese, shredded or Daiya Mozzerella style shreds
Italian Seasonings
Garlic Powder
Olive Oil

Directions
Divide the pizza dough into to equal parts and form them into 6" circles that are about 1/4" or maybe even a little thicker. Allow dough to rest or rise, depending on your recipe's instructions, then cook at 450F one at a time on a pizza stone for 8 minutes.  Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then slice open, like you're cutting a hamburger bun.  Cover one side with cheese, and sandwich it together.  Mix some garlic powder with olive oil and brush over the top of the bread and top with a sprinkling of Italian seasonings.  Cook on the pizza stone for another 5 minutes.  Slice into breadsticks and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment