Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Adopt a Blogger: Danielle from Against All Grains

Yum

I'm taking part in Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger again. If you’re not familiar, Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger is a monthly event created by Sea at Book of Yum to help us gluten-free bloggers get to know each other and recreate each others recipes. This month it is hosted by Alta from Tasty Eats At Home. This month, I adopted Danielle from Against All Grains

Danielle was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at 22, and after suffering for a few years, decided to take her health in her own hands by drastically changing her diet.  Her blog is perfect for those on gluten-free, Paleo, Primal, SCD and GAPS diets.  Everything is grain-free and refined sugar-free, along with most also being dairy-free.  Her recipes are incredible, so it was hard to choose what to showcase on here.  I decided to go with her Not-a-Grain Bars (gluten-free 'cereal' breakfast bars), which meant I also would get to showcase her Blueberry Preserves, since they are part of the bar recipe.


So, first let's talk about these preserves.  I've been cutting back my refined sugar intake drastically (by the way, I feel so much better without sugar) and have been looking for a good refined sugar free jam recipe.  So, when I came across hers I had to try it.  It is super easy to make, and made just the right amount for me to enjoy.  It would be easy to make a larger batch or to switch up the fruit, as well.  This recipe will definitely be my new go-to jam/preserves recipe from here on out.


 Now let's take a look at these breakfast bars.  Don't they look delicious?  Well, they are definitely delicious.  They put Nutrigrain bars to shame with both taste and nutrition (and the fact that these are naturally gluten free).  These bars a protein packed and only sweetened with honey, so there definitely is no reason to feel guilty about eating them.

 And on top of that, they are kid-friendly.  My little one has been devouring them every day since I made them.  So, they are the perfect snack to add to school lunches or as an after school snack.  Really, this recipe will be made again and again in my house.

Thank you, Danielle, for your incredible blog with these fantastic recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for adopting me and sharing my "not-a-grain" bars and jam! I think I may have to fill mine more like you did next time! So happy your little one loves them too!

    ReplyDelete