Saturday, August 25, 2012

Weekly Menu (8/26/12-9/1/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • brussel sprouts
  • romaine lettuce 
  • cauliflower
  • anaheim peppers 
  • cherries 
  • nectarines
  • apple pears
  • champagne grapes

I also have green leafy lettuce, oranges, apples, peaches, corn on the cob, potatoes and carrots to supplement the basket.


This week for breakfast: There is Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to choose from, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids; and smoothies, water kefir with fruit puree, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and baked oatmeal for me.


This week for lunches: School is in full swing now for both of my boys: my older son is in second grade and takes a lunch from home, my younger son is in preschool and eats lunch at the sitters--she does an awesome job taking care of him.   For myself, I plan on eating leftovers, I'll also have carrots and cauliflower with hummus everyday and a glass of water kefir with fruit puree (a good portion of my nectarines, and cherries will go to that). My husband always has sandwiches, chips, and a banana in his lunch (boring, but that's what he likes).

School Lunch for my older son (he can have dairy):
Monday:
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich on Udi's Bread (his very favorite lunch)
  • Nacho Cheese Doritos (they are now gluten-free and he is quite excited to have them) 
  • Grapes
  • Milk
Tuesday:
  • Make your own pizza: Schar Crispbread, Pepperoni Slics, and Cheese Slices (he can have dairy)
  • Carrot sticks and ranch
  • Orange slices
  • Milk
Wednesday:
  • Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
  • apples slices and carrot sticks with peanut butter
  • milk
Thursday:
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich on Udi's Bread (his very favorite lunch)
  • Lay's potato chips 
  • Grapes
  • Milk
Friday:
  • Pizzadilla (mozzerella cheese and pepperoni cooked between two corn tortillas)
  • Carrot sticks and ranch
  • Orange slices
  • Milk
 
This week for dinner:

Sunday:

Monday
  • Hamburgers on Udi's buns
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Green Salad (with my lettuces and kale)
  • grapes

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
  • Pork Tamales
  • Nachos (we use Daiya cheese) 
  • carrots and cauliflower with hummus or almond butter
  • Sliced apple pears and nectarines
Thursday:
  • One-eyed sandwiches
  • Bacon
  • hashbrowns 
  • Grapes and oranges
Friday:
  • chili rellano casserole (going to convert a recipe, hopefully its good)
  • corn tortillas 
  • salad
 Saturday:

1 comment:

  1. Having Celiac Disease myself I am so excited about Doritos going gluten free. I have yet to pick up a bag but can't wait! And PB&J's on Udi's bread are one of my favorite lunches as well :)

    ReplyDelete