Saturday, August 18, 2012

Weekly Menu (8/19/12-8/25/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • brussel sprouts
  • tucsan kale
  • cauliflower
  • onions
  • plums
  • nectarines
  • apple pears
  • green grapes
  • bananas 

We also got the guacamole add on pack which had:
  • avocados
  • green onions
  • yellow onions
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • limes
  • jalapenos
  • anaheim peppers
I also have cherries, lettuce, oranges, clementines, apples, red grapes, peaches, watermelon, green peppers, corn on the cob, celery, potatoes and carrots to supplement the basket.

This week for breakfast: There is Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to choose from, one-eyed sandwiches, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids; and smoothies, water kefir with fruit puree, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and baked oatmeal for me.

This week for lunches: The first part of the week the both boys will be taken care of at their sitters' house. School starts on Wednesday, so my older son will be getting a lunch from home starting then.  For myself, I plan on eating leftovers, I also have green peppers, carrots, cauliflower, and celery with hummus everyday and a glass of water kefir with fruit puree (a good portion of my plums, peaches, nectarines, and cherries will go to that). My husband always has sandwiches, chips, and a banana in his lunch (boring, but that's what he likes).

School Lunch:
Wednesday:
  • Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich on Udi's Bread (his very favorite lunch)
  • Fritos
  • Grapes
  • Carrot sticks and hummus
  • Brownie (it is the first day of school and that deserves a treat!)
  • Chocolate Milk
Thursday:
  • Make your own pizza: Schar Crispbread, Pepperoni Slics, and Cheese Slices (he can have dairy)
  • Carrot sticks and ranch
  • orange slices
  • mini banana chocolate chip muffins
  • Milk
Friday:
  • Ham Sandwich on Udi's Bread
  • apples slices and carrot sticks with peanut butter
  • fritos
  • mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
  • milk
 
This week for dinner:
Sunday:  

Monday
  • Pork Tamales (we buy ours from 'The Tamale Man')
  • Nachos
  • Guacamole
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Green Salad  (with my lettuces and kale)
  • Grapes 

Tuesday: The Cache Valley Gluten Free Group is hosting a family picnic:
  • Hamburgers and/or Hot Dogs (it's a BYOM, so it's whatever meat I grab)
  • Udi's Buns (provided by Udi's, thanks Udi's!)
  • Potluck GF salads and desserts, I'll be bringing sliced watermelon and brownies

Wednesday:
  • Pastrami Sandwiches (on Udi's Bread)
  • Roasted potatoes, cauliflower, and Brussel Sprouts
  • Corn on the Cob
  • Sliced apple pears and nectarines
Thursday:
  • French Toast (on Udi's Bread...I got the bread for a really good price), I like to top mine with almond butter, the rest of the family prefers maple syrup.
  • Bacon 
  • Grapes  and oranges
Friday: We will be at my husband's grandma's house for dinner:
  • Pot roast
  • Mashed Potatoes (made with chicken broth instead of milk and butter)
  • veggies
  • I'm planning on bringing a dessert, I just haven't decided what to bring yet.
Saturday:
  • Chili
  • Fritos
  • Green Salad
  • Corn on the Cob
  • grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment