Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekly Menu (8/5/12-8/11/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • lettuce
  • red potatoes
  • tomatoes
  • cabbage
  • peaches
  • mangos
  • melon
  • blueberries

I also have grapes, cucumber, bananas, cantaloupe, corn on the cob, onions, garlic, and carrots to supplement the basket.

This week for breakfast: I've replenished my muffin stock, so we have Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to choose from, one-eyed sandwiches, fresh fruit, and cereal for the kids; and smoothies, water kefir with fruit puree, hard boiled eggs, and baked oatmeal for me.
This week for lunches: The boys are taken care of at their sitters' house. I plan on eating leftovers, I also have carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes with hummus everyday and a glass of water kefir with fruit puree (that's probably a good portion of my mangos, peaches, and cherries will go).
This week for dinner:
Sunday:   

Monday
  • Navajo Tacos (topped with refried beans, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, etc)
  • Green Salad 
  • Melon Salad 

Tuesday:
  • Pulled Chicken (maybe as sandwiches, haven't decided)
  • Coleslaw
  • Chips
  • Peaches and grapes
Wednesday:
  • Sweet Pork and Corn Tortillas
  • Basmati Rice
  • Sliced Mango
  • Coleslaw 
Thursday:
  • Pancakes (blueberry ones)
  • Bacon
  • Hashbrowns 
  • Grapes 
Friday:
Saturday:
  • Pizza
  • green salad
  • Fruit salad

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting your menus! We are just beginning our dairy/gluten/soy free journey and to say it's overwhelming is a gross understatement. It is helpful to have a weekly menu to start as a guide with links to recipes that I know I can make for my children. I know I can convert many of my old recipes but right now, that seems terribly daunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, I'm glad my menus are helpful. I also have past menus under my Weekly Menu tab for more ideas. Good Luck!

      Delete