Saturday, November 10, 2012

Weekly Menu (11/11/12-11/17/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • celery
  • carrots
  • lettuce
  • corn on the cob
  • tomatoes
  • potatoes
  • oranges
  • bananas
  • pineapple
  • baby watermelon

I also got the Italian pack add-on which contained:
  • mushrooms
  • eggplant
  • zucchini
  • green peppers
  • onions
  • garlic
  • herbs
I also have lemons, cucumbers, strawberries, and grapes to supplement the basket.

This week for breakfast:

Sunday: We are having my parents over for a light brunch before church, which will be banana nut bread (I'm working on a new recipe, because I like to do that...) and fruit (pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, and grapes)

For the Kids:
For me: (I get up 2-3 hours before anyone in my house, hence why I have a separate breakfast)

This week for school lunches:
  • PB&J on Udi's bread or Schar crispbread with pepperoni and cheese
  • fresh fruit (grapes and strawberries)
  • chips or crackers
  • milk
This week for dinner:
Sunday: 
  • Chicken Unparmesan (my portion will be minus cornflake crumbs..only almond meal)
  • Pasta (we like Jovial Pasta)
  • Ratatouille (I really, really love Julia Child's recipe...if you don't have it, go find it, it's amazing and puts all others to shame)
  • corn on the cob for my family

Monday:
  • Chili  (I thicken ours with a roux made from millet flour and canola oil)
  • baked potatoes
  • orange slices

Tuesday
  • tamales for the family, leftovers for me
  • green salad
  • carrot and celery sticks  

Wednesday: My hubby and I are going to a church dinner, so the dinner below is for the boys:

Thursday:

Friday:
  • Tomato soup (We use Imagine Brand)
  • Grilled ham and cheese (we use Daiya) sandwiches
  • Green Salad and carrot sticks

Saturday: 
  • Pizza
  • green salad
  • whatever fruit we have left

No comments:

Post a Comment