So, I've been on a quest...my boys really love McNuggets and McDonald's fries, so I've been looking and testing and I've made enough progress that I'm going to post what I've come up with:
3 chicken breasts, cubed
1 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/6 cup tapioca starch
2 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper
1. Place cubed chicken in a blender or food processor and pulse until it forms a paste (if you use a blender, do only a few cubes at a time). You can add salt and pepper to the chicken if you want to.
2. Roll chicken into small balls and flatten into a nugget shape (you should get about 36 nuggets).
3. Mix together flours and additional salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Cover nuggets in flour, dip in eggs, then dip a second time in the flour. Cook in a deep fryer set at 330-350 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Drain on a paper towel, and keep nuggets warm in a 200 degree oven, while the rest are cooking.
2 large or 3 medium Russet Potatoes
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoon corn syrup
2 cups hot water
1. In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, corn syrup and the hot water. Make sure sugar is dissolved.
2. Peel and cut potatoes into shoestrings (1/4"X1/4" and about 4 to 6" long).
3. Place shoestring potatoes into the sugar water bowl. Let soak at least 30 minutes.
4. Fry in a deep fryer at 350 degrees for 1-2 minutes. Remove potatoes and place them on paper towels to drain. Turn fryer up to 375-400 degrees and return fries back to fryer and cook until golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
This post is featured on Cybele Pascal's Allergy Friendly Friday.