Sunday, October 3, 2010

GF/CF Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

Yum
I love cookies, and Sundays are usually when I bake them...just seems like the best day to do it.  So I thought I would give this recipe from gfutah.org a try.  I did modify it a little, I separated out the flours instead of having a flour blend...and modified the blend along with that.  Also, I made sure it was dairy free, so I could enjoy it as well. So here it is, how I made it:

GF/CF Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened (I use Nucoa, because it's dairy-free)
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup sorghum flour (if you don't have sorghum, go ahead and sub with brown rice flour)
1/2 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips (I actually use the Kroger Value Brand semi-sweet....they don't guarantee that it's dairy-free, but I haven't gotten sick off of them yet, and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the real dairy-free ones.)

Directions

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine, shortening, and sugars.  Add egg and mix well.
2. Stir together flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture and mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown on edges and just set in middle.  Cool slightly on cookie sheet before removing and placing on wire rack.

Makes about 5 dozen. (I make the whole batch and freeze half of them)


UPDATE:  I got sick off the chocolate chips I used...so, it's not worth it to buy the Kroger Value chips, just pay the money for the dairy free ones. :(

1 comment: