Monday, October 4, 2010

Quick and Easy Chicken Stir Fry

Yum
I have a ton of veggies in my fridge right now, and what better way to use them, than in a stir fry.  The only problem for me is convincing everyone else in my family that they are good.  I live in a household of veggie haters, they only have a few select veggies they will eat, but I really wanted this, and since I'm the cook in the family we had it.  I didn't cut up the chicken breasts, because I knew my husband would be picking out the chicken, so I made it easier for him, but if I were to make it as a normal stir fry, I'd cut up the chicken.  The picture below, doesn't show the chicken, well, because I didn't think to take a picture until after dinner, so you get to see what my lunch looks like for tomorrow.  This stir fry is easy and quick, and you can use whatever veggies you have on hand.

Chicken Stir Fry

2 tablespoons oil
2 chicken breasts cut into 3/4" pieces
4 cups assorted fresh veggies (I used broccoli, carrots, celery, and red peppers)
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce

Directions
1. Cook chicken on medium high heat in 1 tablespoon of oil until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to pan (if needed) and add vegetables.  Cook until tender crisp, stirring often.  Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Meanwhile, mix cornstarch, broth, and soy sauce until smooth.  Add mixture to veggies and reduce heat to medium.  Cook until mixture thickens.  Add chicken back into pan and heat through.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment