Friday, October 22, 2010

Jam

Yum
I love homemade freezer jam, and it's easier than you think.  I only use 2 ingredients...fruit and sugar--no pectin required, and it works!  You can use about any fruit you want, I've made strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and plum jams and they've all turned out wonderfully. :)

Freezer Jam

1 part fruit (I puree mine because my family doesn't like chunks, but you could also dice it)
1 part sugar (so yes, it's just equal parts fruit and sugar)

combine fruit and sugar in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until it boils...boil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until it reaches ~200F.  Don't overcook, I promise the jam will turn out perfect with only 10-12 minute cook time. Pour onto a sheet cake pan to cool, then pour into freezer containers and freeze. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment