Thursday, March 10, 2011

Banana, Mango and What!?! Smoothies

Yum
Okay, I love my smoothies and I love Bountiful Baskets, so my smoothies are always based on what is in my basket.  This week I had a lot of bananas and mangos for good smoothie ingredients.  But I also got a bunch of spinach, and so I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try adding them into my smoothie.  It worked out amazingly well, you add enough to give a nutrient boost, but you don't taste it, especially with bananas and mangos present. :)  And it gives it an awesome green color, just in time for St. Patrick's Day, too. :) This is also on the Sumply Sugar and Gluten Free Slightly Indulgent Tuesday for March 22nd, here's the link back to that site. :)


Banana, Mango, and Spinach Smoothie

2 bananas, broken into chunks
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 handful of spinach leaves (I had ~6 medium sized leaves)
1 6oz container So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt (I actually had the Mango flavor, mmmm)
Extra dairy-free milk for thinning out, if needed

Blend all ingredients together in a blender and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that sounds SO delicious! Yes, their mango coconut milk yogurt is wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete