Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies...with Oreos

Yum
For those of you that know me, last year I made these cookies for St. Patrick's Day.  So, I converted my recipe and made them again this year, but I had to up the ante--I stuck a kinnitoo (gf oreo) in the middle of some of them....holy cow, yum! But, yeah, you shouldn't eat more than one of those, because each one is pretty much three cookies...just so you know. ;)  I also had a bunch that were just regular mint chocolate chip cookies and they are excellent that way as well. Here's also the Allergy Friendly Friday link to Cybele Pascal's blog, so you can view other fantastic finds as well.


Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup dairy-free margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg (I actually was out of eggs, so I used Ener-G egg replacer: 1 1/2 t mixed in 2 T water)
3/4 teaspoon mint extract
~14 drops food coloring
3 cups gf flour blend
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream margarine and sugars together. In a separate bowl mix egg, mint extract, and food coloring, then add it to the margarine mixture. In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt, then slowly add it to the cookie dough. Stir in chips and roll into 1-1 1/2" balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen. :)

Note: If you want gf oreo centers, take two 1" balls and sandwich the oreo in the middle, and press the cookie dough together around the cookie until it is completely covered. I cooked mine for 13 minutes and they were done, so they don't need to be cooked that much longer, if at all.

3 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! What food coloring brand and mint extract brand do you use? I am always on the look out for safe products.

    (I found these via Cybele Pascal's AFF page.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the McCormick brand of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of these, and the surprise element is great!

    Thanks for sharing the link.

    all best,

    Cybele

    ps, I think I posted a comment yesterday, but maybe your spam ate it!

    ReplyDelete