Monday, March 7, 2011

Fried Green Beans

Yum
I really enjoy fresh green beans, however, fried changes things, I love, love, love them!  I think I pretty much feel that way about anything fried, but I really do love fried green beans, so I had to make a gluten-free version. :) I also had some asparagus in my fridge, and tossed those in as well, and discovered my absolute love for fried asparagus, as well.  So, I think you could coat about any veggie and it would taste fantastic! My recipe is adapted for this one, and is really so amazing.  And once again, from my lack of picture, you can tell I downed the plate before realizing I didn't take any pictures.  Sorry.

Fried Green Beans

Canola oil for frying
1 cup  yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon  salt
1/2 tablespoon  ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon  ground cayenne pepper
1 pound  green beans, ends trimmed
1 cup  So Delicious Coconut Milk
 
Directions 
Heat 2-inched of oil in a Dutch oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Dip green beans into milk, then dredge wet beans in flour mixture to coat. Then dip in milk again, and dredge with the flour mixture again. (I found that double dipping helped keep the coating on when it was fried)
2. Fry beans in oil, in batches, until golden and crisp, approximately 3 to 5 minutes per batch. Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and serve warm with Fry Sauce.
 
Fry Sauce: equal parts ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together (you can experiment and add in garlic, relish, etc., but I'm lazy and just like my ketchup and mayo combo)

No comments:

Post a Comment