Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Mango Curry

Yum
Anyone who knows me knows I love curries.  They are aromatic and spicy, and just plain delicious.  I found this recipe here, it is so easy and didn't require any adaptations.  I did, however, have changes, based on what I had in the house, so I didn't add red peppers and I used regular coconut milk not reduced-fat.  I'm putting the recipe below, but all credit goes to Reader's Digest.  It was incredibly delicious, and once again I totally forgot to take a picture, so you'll just have to imagine how good it looks. :)

Mango Chicken Curry

1/2 cup finely chopped onion'
1-2 T canola oil
1-2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts,  cut into 1 inch pieces
1 T curry powder
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like it hotter)
1 large mango, peeled and chopped
3/4 C coconut milk (such as Thai Kitchen)
2 T tomato paste

Directions
In a large skillet, saute onion in oil for 2-4 minutes, add chicken curry, ginger, garlic, salt, and cayenne.  Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.

Stir in mango, coconut milk, and tomato paste; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.  Serve over basmati rice.

1 comment:

  1. Love this curry. So quick and easy to make and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete