Saturday, November 17, 2012

Weekly Menu (11/18/12-11/24/12)

Yum
This week in our half of the Bountiful Basket (I share with my brother) we got:
  • celery
  • carrots
  • lettuce 
  • tomatoes
  • potatoes
  • pomelo
  • oranges
  • bananas
  • honeydew
  • apples
We also got the Hostess pack add-on which contained:
  • onions
  • grape tomatoes
  • potatoes
  • sweet potatoes
  • acorn squash
  • indian corn
  • sugar pumpkin
  • green beans
  • cranberries
  • granny smith apples


This week for breakfast:

For the Kids:
For me: (I get up 2-3 hours before anyone in my house, hence why I have a separate breakfast)

This week for school lunches:
  • PB&J on Udi's bread or Schar crispbread with pepperoni and cheese
  • fresh fruit (apple and orange slices)
  • chips or crackers
  • milk
This week for dinner:
Sunday: 
  • Meatloaf
  • Baked Potatoes/sweet potatoes
  • steamed green beans
  • salad and carrot sticks
Monday:
  • Navajo Tacos (topped with tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, etc)
  • orange slices
  • carrot and celery sticks with almond butter 

Tuesday

Wednesday:
  • Hamburgers with homemade buns (I think I'll do sliders, and do regular rolls for the buns)
  • oven fries (I have found that if you lightly salt the potatoes (and sweet potatoes) and let them stand for at least a half an hour, then dry them off, you get much crispier fries)
  • sweet potato fries
  • honey dew
Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving!!! We'll be at my mother-in-law's and have a traditional feast

Friday: We'll still be at my mother-in-law's:
  • Tacos 
  • and I'm not sure what else. :)
Saturday: 

No comments:

Post a Comment