Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chili-Lime Chicken

Yum
I made marinated grilled (actually broiled, because we really don't have a grill) last night, and both of my little ones loved it...this does not happen very often.  They will try things, but that's usually where it ends, but they both actually devoured the chicken.  I used this recipe from Eat Better America, it has a very strong lime taste, with a hint of heat.  I ate mine on top of my greens with pineapple and salsa, and the left overs today were with my black bean and corn quinoa (I added pineapple in with that, too).  Reallly, this chicken is good on it's own or mixed in with things, this marinade is definitely a keeper!  I have the recipe below, I did use half the amount of lime zest, and like I said the chicken had plenty of lime flavor.



Broiled Chili-Lime Chicken


1teaspoon grated lime peel
1/4cup lime juice
2tablespoons olive or canola oil
2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/2teaspoon sugar
1/2teaspoon salt
1small jalapeño chile, seeded, finely chopped
1clove garlic, finely chopped
2large boneless skinless chicken breasts


To make marinade, in a gallon size ziploc, mix all ingredients except chicken.

Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours (I marinaded mine for about 10 hours).
Turn broiler to high. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Broil chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).

This post is featured on Simple Sugar and Gluten Free's Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, The Whole Gang's Real Food Weekly, and Cybele Pascal's Allergy Friendly Friday.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good - I love that you served it with pineapple! I wonder what it would taste like if you grilled the pineapple along with the chicken?

    P.S. I think you're incredibly pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete