Saturday, May 7, 2011

Classic Chewy Brownies

Yum
Okay, if you looked at my previous post, I'm bringing brownies to my Mom's tomorrow.  Well, I just made a 9x13 pan and that might not be enough.  I taste tested it, then my older son taste tested it, and really I think we could down this whole pan right here, right now! So, I think I need to make another batch, so I can sit and indulge myself, it is Mother's Day weekend after all!  Happy Mother's Day everyone!


Classic Chewy Brownies

1 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 cup gf flour blend
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F (325F if using a glass or dark metal pan). Grease a 9x13" baking pan.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs.

3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.  Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well blended. Spread the patter evenly into prepared pan.

4. Bake for 30-35 min, or until center is set.

This post is featured on Simply Sugar &Gluten-Free's Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, the Gluten-free Homemaker's Gluten-free Wednesday, and Cybele Pascal's Allergy Friendly Friday

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! thank you so much for this recipe! My 5 year-old cousin who is the pickiest child I know loved them! and this kid is the one who would rather starve than eat something she doesn't like. The brownies fall apart if you eat them right away but they were still good. Even better for breakfast the next day with milk and some grapes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I made these brownies yesterday subbing coconut for canola oil and halving the sugar because brownies are always way way too sweet for me, and it ended up more like cake than the rich chewy brownies I was expecting. Was it cutting the sugar that did that? Do you have any suggestions for how to make these with less sugar while still getting that nice thick brownie texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. cutting sugar makes it cakey instead of chewy

      Delete