Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weekly Menu (5/22/11-5/28/11)

Yum
So, we ended up not having the Indian Spiced Chicken that we were going to have this last week...I swapped around the nights for some of the meals, so we were supposed to have it tonight, but my hubby's not home for dinner tonight, so I spurged and took the boys out.  There is a local restaurant here that has a full gluten-free menu, and my boys love it, and I love it! So, in case you care, we are moving our Indian Spiced Chicken to tomorrow. :)

Here's next week's plan for meals:

Weekly Menu (5/22/11-5/28/11)
Breakfasts: Daily choices are typically between:

  • Cereal (Cinnamon Chex, Fruity Pebbles, etc.)
  • Muffins (I always have my banana chip, pumpkin chip, and Udi's blueberry, lemon, and double chocolate ones in the freezer)
  • Fresh Fruit and/or Smoothies, I have started freezing my smoothies in popsicle molds and my boys love it eat it this way...who doesn't love popsicles for breakfast?
  • One-Eyed Sandwiches (basically, fried egg and toast in one, my older son's absolute favorite breakfast)

Lunches: Since, it's just me I have to worry about, it's typically leftovers, with fresh fruit and veggies from my bountiful basket. I made up a batch of black bean and corn quinoa that I'll eat through out the week, too. And Tuesday is our 9th wedding anniversary so we our going to gorge ourselves silly at the local Brazilian steakhouse we have in town, Gaucho Grill...I love them, because they provide a list of things that contain gluten, so I know what to steer clear of. :)

Dinners:

Sunday:
  • Indian Spiced Chicken Kebabs
  • Saag or Palak (I don't really know the difference between the two, I think it's the type of greens used, and I'm actually going to use Swiss Chard instead of spinach or mustard greens, so who knows what that is called), I'm using a recipe from The Indian Slow Cooker book, hopefully it works with the chard! :)
  • Basmati Rice
  • Flour Tortillas
  • Corn on the Cob

Monday:

Tuesday:
  • Since my hubby and I are gorging ourselves for lunch, I'm hoping we won't be that hungry for dinner and can just make the little ones sandwiches. :)
  • apple slices
  • carrot sticks
  • chips
Wednesday
  • Chicken Tamales (from the tamale man)
  • Nachos
  • Cantalope

Thursday
  • One-eyed sandwiches
  • Hashbrowns
  • Cantalope
Friday
  • Salmon Cakes (if my conversion turns out, I'll post the recipe)
  • Roasted red potatoes
  • Green Salad
  • Apples
Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment