Saturday, May 28, 2011

Salmon Cakes

Yum
I used to cook these every once in a while before going gluten-free.  My husband is not a fan of fish, but he would eat these.  I made them last night and my little one loved them. My older one takes after his dad and does not like fish, but he at least tried it, and my husband wasn't home for dinner. :P  But my little one and I quite enjoyed these.



Salmon Cakes
1 14oz can salmon (drained and de-boned) or 14-16oz of fresh, cooked salmon
15 Glutino original crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon thyme
2 eggs
2 tablespoons minced onion
salt and pepper (I always eyeball this, sorry, I would guess about 1/2-1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
Canola Oil

Mix ingredients together and split into 4-6 portions.  Shape into patties. Cover a bottom of a frying pan with oil and heat over medium to medium-high heat.  Cook patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.  Serve with tartar sauce.

This post is featured on Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.

2 comments:

  1. I also love salmon patties, but i roll them into little croquette balls instead. You can take a look at them for some ideas on an asian flavour, perhaps using gluten-free breadcrumbs (or crackers) instead!

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/04/salmon-korokke-croquette-balls-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using crackers is a great idea as a gluten-free bread crumb substitution. :) Thanks for linking up to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday!
    Hugs,
    Amy
    Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free

    ReplyDelete